If you are a business from overseas that is thinking about locating or expanding into Ireland, the South East region or Wexford, then the IDA (Industrial Development Authority), an Irish semi-state body, is tasked with attracting high-performing businesses to these shores, even through challenging times. As Ireland’s foreign direct investment (FDI) agency, the IDA have partnered with over 1,200 clients and helped them not only establish but also to ramp up their Irish operations. Learn why Ireland is brilliant for ‘ease of doing business’ by visiting www.idaireland.com.
If you are an existing Irish-based business, interested in relocating or expanding into Wexford, the Local Enterprise Office (LEO) offers a wide range of financial and advisory assistance to help you start or grow your existing operation. Along with offering advice and training to all businesses, the LEO welcomes enquiries from businesses in the manufacturing or internationally-traded services sectors for financial aid (all financial aid is subject to strict guidelines on eligibility).
Download a guideline document to Financial Supports available from the Local Enterprise Office.
Wexford has attracted a range of multi-national companies in the life sciences, medical technology and international financial services industries who have worked with us and availed of our support services. These companies are willing to share their experiences of locating and operating in Wexford with interested parties.
Wexford County Council will work to support you and your business, signposting you and providing direct access to all the relevant Local Authority services:
We will also assist you in making your move to Wexford as simple as possible by directing you to a wide range of support agencies and introducing you to the appropriate contact person:
- IDA Ireland – Ireland’s inward investment promotion agency.
- Enterprise Ireland – The government organisation responsible for the development and growth of Irish enterprises in world markets.
- Wexford County Council – a local government that provides the key infrastructure requirements to support a strong and vibrant business sector.
- Waterford Institute of Technology – the largest third level institute of technology in Ireland.
- Institute of Technology Carlow which has a third level campus in the heart of Wexford Town.
- Chambers of Commerce. The four municipal districts in County Wexford have their own vibrant Chambers of Commerce. All four chambers generate a pro-business attitude and environment in their respective communities: Wexford, Gorey, Enniscorthy and New Ross.
- Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Wexford. The LEO provides a range of supports to SMEs including financial assistance and business mentoring.
- Wexford Enterprise Centre is a social enterprise division of Innovation Wexford. The centre is nationally recognised for its entrepreneurial and proactive approach to business development, support and training. The South East Business Incubation Centre (South East BIC) is another enterprise support centre operating in Wexford.
- Enniscorthy Enterprise and Technology Centre can help your company by offering affordable office rental space, high-speed broadband, reception services and invaluable mentoring.
Vacant Property Incentive Scheme
Wexford County Council is providing a Vacant Property Grant Incentive Scheme to encourage the use of vacant commercial and industrial property across the county.
The grant is being offered as a contribution towards fit-out costs against your rates bill. The scheme provides up to a maximum of 50% rates reduction over a three-year period.
Please contact us to learn more about the Vacant Property Incentive Scheme.